[GSOC 2008] Update on "install-tool"

Hello everyone,

Context note: this is about my Google Summer of Code project for
sysinst. Read more here:
http://netbsd-soc.sourceforge.net/projects/install-tool/ and
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-install/2008/04/25/msg000008.html

Anyways... time has come to get cracking on my project. Sorry for not
being too "involved" during the Community Involvement Period, I was
pretty tied up with school and working 60 hrs/wk. But I have a whole
bunch of time to concentrate now, and for the past few days my mentor
and I have been refining my modus operandi.

Sysinst will become separated into three parts: sysinst_f, sysinst_b,
sysinst_lib. Sysinst_f and sysinst_b are the front and back end
respectively (if you can think of better names, please say something).
Sysinst_lib is the library for common code that they share, as well as
the parser for the configuration files. This is so that there is no
code duplication, and so that the file format is transparent to the
front and back end. It also allows a library with a standard API so
that anyone can create a new front end or back end. I don't anticipate
the library needing any MD code, but it's possible. I plan on using
yacc for the parser.

The sysinst.conf format has been greatly revised. It is based on the
original one, but with syntax that is more flexible and complete. I
think it is pretty easy to read/understand, but if anyone gets
confused let me know. After all, it's meant to be used by you. :) You
can see the latest draft through the SF CVS browser:
http://netbsd-soc.cvs.sourceforge.net/netbsd-soc/install-tool/sysinst.conf?view=log

I am going to update the schedule on the SF web page, as it badly
needs revising. I'm looking at doing the library first (mainly just
segregating all of the existing code into a library), then the back
end. The parser comes next, then the front end, then the additions to
the library to write the config files.

There's more interesting stuff, the comments in sysinst.conf explain a lot.

Let me know of any questions/comments/concerns.

Thanks,
Zach Wegner