Subject: Re: sourcesets change
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-install
Date: 03/19/2007 04:20:10
On Jun 30,  4:24am, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
} On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
} >>      I want to change sourcesets so that common is included in
} >> syssrc.tgz instead of src.tgz.  I think most people build kernels on a
} >> lot more systems then they do userland, so syssrc.tgz should be all
} >> that is needed.  There is some precedence for this in that
} >> /usr/bin/config is in syssrc.tgz.  If there are no serious complaints,
} >> I will make this change in one weeks time (Tues. March 20th).
} >
} > IMHO it should be moved into a comsrc.tgz, or however it is called,
} > instead of moving it to syssrc.tgz
}
} I think the point was to have everything to build a kernel in 1 file ...

     That was the point.  However, if people really want common put
into a seperate file, I could do that.  It would be a fairly small
file, so it wouldn't bother me too much.  However, only one person
asked and I really don't see the point.  In order to build all of
userland you have to unpack syssrc.tgz anyways.  However, with the
exception of common, you don't need to unpack base.tgz to build a
kernel (and common was added relatively recently).

}-- End of excerpt from Hubert Feyrer