Subject: Re: sysinst in german
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/23/2005 21:03:25
--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 10:07:21PM +0200, Zafer Aydogan wrote:

> I forgot you say, that it is not necessary to say "newfs'ed" and "fsck'ed"
> in parantheses, since it is described very well as "formatiert" and
> "=FCberpr=FCft."

I agree about this, but the translation is wrong anyway. For people
that didn't grow up with MS-DOS's convention of "format" =3D=3D "newfs",
this would be as unclear as using "formatted" for newfs'd in English.

I advice to not keep the English sentence structure (which nesseciates
finding sometimes ugly translations for specific words), but to write

Sysinst hat das von Ihnen gew=E4hlte Ziellaufwerk partitioniert und=20
auf allen von Ihnen gew=E4hlten Partitionen ein Dateisystem initialisiert
und gepr=FCft.

Regards,
	-is
--=20