Subject: Re: some cdboot nits
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/30/2005 08:35:31
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, David Laight wrote:
> > Why not use a kernel with an internal ramdisk?
>
> How do you intend to get that kernel and cdboot into an ISO/on the CD?
> :-)

I asked in a different thread if it was possible for a normal PC to
treat a CD-ROM as just a bunch of blocks so that way we could just use
an FFS instead of an ISO file system.  No answer there unfortunately.

We also don't have any in-tree tools to burn a CD either.  Of course, we
don't need those to actually make a release, just to use the results :-)

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/