Subject: Re: status of 'makefs -t cd9660'?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/28/2005 21:07:08
On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 03:52:57AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> as far as I understand, you're working on teaching our makefs(1) to create
> ISO images. Can you tell us what the status of this is, esp. WRT booting
> in emulation/non-emulation mode?
>
> In other words: how far are we to replace mkisofs in the list of commands
> given in http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-install/2005/06/28/0003.html?
>
> (I know there's some SVN server, but maybe  you can give a summary of the
> status).

I have not been working on it, myself.  A group of UIUC students did
the hard work this past school year.  All that I did was to set basic
requirements, and provide some guidance and review.

Please direct inquiries to Daniel Watt, danwatt@gmail.com.  The project
documentation is on a wiki,
<http://cd9660.dyndns.org:88/wiki/index.php/Main_Page>.

Dave