Subject: Re: Can I mount a: partition other than ' / '
To: Naveen Sriram <naveen_sriram_a@yahoo.co.in>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 01/03/2005 08:40:26
On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:13:38AM +0000, Naveen Sriram wrote:
> while installation can use a: for other than for /.I
> tried it but
> couldn't able to do. Is there any way to mount other
> than / to a:

You can mount it anywhere you like, just edit /etc/fstab later.

But on i386 you might not be able to boot from disk where the physical
partition used for / doesn't start at the beginning of the NetBSD part of the
disk. (Or some similar constraint, I forgot the details).

> I couldn't able to find the suitable command to run
> under console
> to create/delete logical partitions

The generic "partitioning" command is disklabel.
On i386 you might additionally have to play with fdisk, depending on what
exactly you mean by "logical partition".

Martin