Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0_BETA: sendmail configured wrong (daily, security not delivered)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/20/2004 14:40:11
--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 01:19:00AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, David Howland wrote:
> > I don't think install=3D/ is supposed to install anything in /etc, thats
> > not broken, its intentional.  postinstall/etcupdate is responsible for
> > that I think.
>=20
> "build.sh -U -D /foo distribution" (running as root!)  seems to not get
> the permissions on /var/spool/clientmqueue right, which I'd say is a bug.
> (first about the permissions, second that it doesn't unpack sets like
> "install" does).

It's not supposed to. With -U, the permissions are in the METALOG. That's=
=20
what -U means. :-)

Also, "build.sh distribution" does the same thing as a "make distribution"
which does:

# Builds a full release of NetBSD in DESTDIR, including the /etc
# configuration files.

I.e. it's not supposed to install into /.

Take care,

Bill

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI--