Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0_BETA: sendmail configured wrong (daily, security not
To: Matthew Mondor <mmondor@gmail.com>
From: David Howland <metalliqaz@fastmail.fm>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/09/2004 15:41:05
Matthew Mondor wrote:
> I also agree that the defaults should be for a running system with
> sendmail only listening to localhost interface. This seemed broken
> when I installed 2.0_BETA snapshot some time ago, not sure if it's
> proper now, but updating userland using install=/ didn't update the
> files in /etc or me so it was still broken...

I eventually got it working, by doing a little fiddling.  It seems that
a much earlier install of 2.0 that I did was somehow broken.  Exactly
how, I'm not sure, but I believe now that the installer does produce a
working system from a fresh install.  I basically wiped everything out
and then ran postinstall and it seems to work.  I wasn't thrilled about
running sendmail 24/7, but local mail is being delivered and it seems to
only be listening on localhost.

I don't think install=/ is supposed to install anything in /etc, thats
not broken, its intentional.  postinstall/etcupdate is responsible for
that I think.

-d