Subject: Re: go to previous menu, delete disklabel partition, custom sets chooser
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-install
Date: 02/28/2004 10:36:24
On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 02:34:08PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Just some notes on a recent 1.6.2_RC3 sysinstall ...

I presue you mean 'sysinst'

Which is rather different from the one in 'current'....
and requiries too many kernel changes to have been put into 1.6.2

> I messed up doing the fdisk and disklabel a few times, so I just pressed
> CTRL-C each time and retyped "sysinstall".
>
> Maybe trap CTRL-C  or some other method so shell will say "Run sysinstall
> for the installer menu."

OTOH having ^C escape completely is actually quite useful.

> It would be good if there was a method to say go back to the previous
> menu, so if disklabel editing was wrong, I could go back to fdisk.

A general 'previous menu' option wouldn't work - it isn't structured
that way.  Also some menus actually stay active for a long time, so
you would eat stack if you processed one again.

Also the 'current', you'l get them wrond less often...

> Also the disklabel editing is easy, but it doesn't clearly show a way to
> "delete" a partition. I set partition as "unused" and it was fine.

Completely different....

> The chooser for selecting custom sets, had some X server sets enabled, but
> X clients disabled and man pages disabled. It seems man pages would be
> enabled by default. And if X clients are disabled then X server sets
> should be disabled.

Erm, IIRC, it is completely valid to have X server but not client (and v.v.)

> Also the sysinstall fdisk doesn't seem to have a way to set up extended
> DOS-style partitions (more than four). But that is okay, because I can use
> another.

Use 'current', you can install NetBSD into an extended partition if you
want/need to.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk