Subject: go to previous menu, delete disklabel partition, custom sets chooser
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 02/27/2004 14:34:08
Just some notes on a recent 1.6.2_RC3 sysinstall ...

I messed up doing the fdisk and disklabel a few times, so I just pressed
CTRL-C each time and retyped "sysinstall".

Maybe trap CTRL-C  or some other method so shell will say "Run sysinstall
for the installer menu."

It would be good if there was a method to say go back to the previous
menu, so if disklabel editing was wrong, I could go back to fdisk.

Also the disklabel editing is easy, but it doesn't clearly show a way to
"delete" a partition. I set partition as "unused" and it was fine.

The chooser for selecting custom sets, had some X server sets enabled, but
X clients disabled and man pages disabled. It seems man pages would be
enabled by default. And if X clients are disabled then X server sets
should be disabled.

Also the sysinstall fdisk doesn't seem to have a way to set up extended
DOS-style partitions (more than four). But that is okay, because I can use
another.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/