Subject: Re: Swedish translation of Sysinst
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/09/2003 00:18:58
> Fetch the NetBSD source code (as documented at the website).
>
> The sysinstall source code will be located at
> /usr/src/distrib/utils/sysinst/
>
> Notice in that directory are some menus.mi.* and msg.mi.* files. Then in
> the arch/*/ subdirectories there are some more menus.md.* and msg.md.*
> files. (Some of the arch directories are missing non-English.)
>
> Copy each of those files from English (or your other preferred language)
> to create new files, like:
> /usr/src/distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/i386/msg.md.se
> /usr/src/distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/i386/menus.md.se
> (or your preferred arch for testing)
> /usr/src/distrib/utils/sysinst/menus.mi.se
> /usr/src/distrib/utils/sysinst/msg.mi.se
>
> Then manually edit each one. You can notice the parts that need to be
> translated.
>
> To build, set SYSINSTLANG=se in your environment. (If not defined it
> becomes "en" in /usr/src/distrib/utils/sysinst/Makefile.inc.)

A bit out of date!

I managed to remove allmost all the language dependant menu files,
and most of the port dependant message files - this removes a lot
of replicated work and problems with the translated versions getting
out of date.

So you only need to look at src/distrib/utils/sysinst/msg.*.en
and src/distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/*/msg.*.en.

To build add 'se' to the LANGUAGES list in the Makefile (arch or
Makefile.inc) and an file sysinstmsgs.se will be generated in $OBJ.
You can run '$OBJ/sysinst -D' to test it (in wheel but not root).

Have fun...

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk