Subject: Re: revamping disk partitioning during installation
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-install
Date: 05/07/2003 21:31:59
> That seems rather reasonable. There are other obvious changes that
> would be of use, of course -- the whole thing is terribly user
> unfriendly.

Indeed, but one has to start somewhere.

The code isn't very friendly to the developer either.
I might try to reduce the amount of stuff in the 'language dependant'
and 'port dependant' category - especially when ports share features.
At the moment minor changes can require 60+ files being edited.
I guess it is fortunate there are only 3 languages (English, French and
(I think) Polish [1]).

	David

[1] I had to add a message to the menus.md.pl file, I hope 'nie zmiena'
means 'do not change'.

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk