Subject: Serial console install.
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Tommy Moore <stp@flite.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/22/2001 12:26:13
Hi guys. I'm trying to install NetBSD on to a pentium class machine over
serial console using a null modem cable and terminal program on the
otherend.
Can this be done? I've installed slackware linux like this before.
I'd use ther monitor if I could to do the install but I'm blind and use a
screen reading program and synthesizer to give me the text output.
There are programs that I can use for dos, widnows and linux that will
give me this functionality but none for any of the other unix versions so
what I hope to be able to do is install the system over serial console
until I can get network support going and then I can just ssh in to the
machine.

Can this be done?
Thanks.

Tommy