Subject: Re: instability/hangups during and after installation
To: Jonathan Schmitt <jonathan.schmitt@detla.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/12/2001 23:10:49
On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Jonathan Schmitt wrote:

: I tried to install NetBSD but faced severe instabilitys.
: During the installation process, the pc froze two times,
: with not even ctrl-alt-del working any more. The third
: try led to a working system, but this, also, is very unstable.
: I faced two complete freezes during 5 hours of work.
: Anyone an idea?

This may sound very strange, but I have a CPU and board quite similar to
yours:

: Amd K6-2 500
: 128MB SDRam
: DFI K6BV3+ Mainboard

Try turning off APM and the USB controller in the BIOS.  I have experienced
random hangs on a K6-2/500 based system with a Tomato TX100 board and
similar chipset.  Turning off these made it run flawlessly.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5.2 available on CD-ROM soon!  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/