Subject: SparcStation20 floppy boot trick?
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen M Jones <smj@cirr.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/31/2001 21:20:09
I was searching through the list archives and found a reference
to why I might be having some problems with disk1 booting.

Basically, I've dd'ed my images just as the install.txt file
states.  at the Openboot rev 2.22 I type "boot floppy" and get:

ok boot floppy
Boot device: /obio/SUNW,fdtwo  File and args: netbsd
Can't read disk label.
Can't open Sun disk label package

Can't open boot device

In the old post the author states his floppy drive was bad.  I'll
give that a shot (I can't remember when the drive was last used).

Still, I don't believe it to be the case.

I also tried 'boot.fs' with a 'boot floppy netbsd.gz' but had no
luck.  Same message.

Is there a trick for this?