Subject: Re: Partitions after 'i'?
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/12/2001 22:10:32
On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 12:51:20PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> I heard in a IRC channel that one can't create a partition after 'i'
> in installation floppy disk.

This is currently true, it is an install interface issue. One dumb
problem is that with 16 partitions, the current disklabel menu in
the installer wouldn't fit on one screen. Also, this problem came
up fairly late in the 1.5.1 cycle, so there wasn't enough time
to fix it properly.

However, you can create the first 8 partitions, and then do the
rest using disklabel(8) once you have installed and booted the
system. I expect this problem to be fixed in the next release.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/