Subject: Re: DAC960 EISA, Mylex Raid controler is supported?
To: Jacek <jacek@mjz.com.pl>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 05/17/2001 13:50:13
On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 10:18:23PM +0200, Jacek wrote:

 > I have downloaded NetBSD 1.5T, snapshot 20010408.
 > When kernel is taking control over hardware,  I can see on system console
 > messages that device "mlx !MX00076.CFG on EISA0 port 4 is not correctly
 > configured".

Actually, it's "not configured".  In NetBSD lingo, that means "no device
driver is present that matches that device/location-of-device."

That's because, in the snapshot you tried, there was no driver for the
EISA "attachment" of the DAC960.

There is support for the EISA "attachment" now, and I can build a new
snapshot for you if you'd like to try it.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>