Subject: Re: Need Help! About Accessing windows partition?
To: LiaoBaiping <liaobp@unipulse.co.jp>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/18/2000 15:31:21
On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 01:12:43PM +0900, LiaoBaiping wrote:
> Hello all:
>     I am new to use netbsd,and the version is Ver 1,4,2.
>     I want to access windows partition from netbsd,and I did as the online
> manual in www.betbsd.org.
> First,I use "disklabel -e wd0a" and add a new line "f: 96390  8418060
> MSDOS"( I want to access a 40M windows FAT patition);
> Second ,I added a line in/etc/fstab file with"/dev/wd0f /msdos msdos
> re,noauto 1 3";
> and then I reboot system.After a while I found some wrong message on boot
> process as bellow:
>             Can't open (Device not configured)
>             /dev/rwd0f:UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY,...
>             THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEM HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY
>                             msdos: /dev/rwd0f(/msdos)
>             Automatic file system check failed; help!
>             Enter pathname of shell or Return for sh:
>
> After I "Enter",I found I can't use vi any longer, and I can't use netbsd as
> uausal,
> How can I correct this problem or cancel the last setup value?

At the `#' prompt, run "fsck", and ignore the error about /dev/wd0f.
Press CONTROL-D to continue the multi-user boot sequence.

Once you're up and running, log in, edit /etc/fstab, and ensure that the
last two columns in the entry for wd0e are `0 0'. E.g, I have:
	/dev/wd0h  /pc/shared  msdos  rw  0  0

There seems to be a problem with fsck_msdos and FAT32 partitions.
Accessing the FAT32 partition with mount_msdos works ok, however.

--
Luke Mewburn  <lukem@wasabisystems.com>  http://www.wasabisystems.com
Luke Mewburn     <lukem@netbsd.org>      http://www.netbsd.org