Subject: Re: instkernel?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 03/27/2000 04:14:05
> For pmax, the install kernel is in binary/kernel/install.gz.  There's
> no mention of a "installation/instkernel" in release(7), which is why
> I stuck the install kernel in the directory that contained "suitably
> named, gzipped kernels".

Then it should be netbsd-INSTALL.gz, according to release(7).

;)

Not to worry, lots of ports disobey release(7) in various small ways.

One reason why I want to find ways to unify the logic is to get everyone
doing things the same way (when they do them, that is) so your port just
says "I want these install kernels, no I don't want split sets for floppies
but I do want a diskimage" -- stuff like that.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com