Subject: Re: building docs on "make release"
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 03/02/2000 13:43:14
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> I had not submitted those particular patches yet because they aren't
> needed for anything other than a complete snapshot, and I'd rather
> submit something clean than what I have now. I've got my hands full
> doing eight ports for 1.4.2, and it's seriously digging into my other
> activities now so I really hope we are done soon :/

Hehe, as far as pkgsrc is concerned, I consider 1.4.2 done - i've uploaded
a set off i386 pkgs, and that's it for me. Geep koing, can't be much
longer for you, too. 8 archs sounds pretty impressive...!

Looking forward to your changes after the 1.4.2 dust has settled. :)

> > Also, I wonder why I did not get a secr.tgz, though I have crypto-intl
> > installed. Is this related? Do I have to set some variable for that to get
> > generated?
>
> This is one of the things that "make release" does not yet do correctly.
>
> My solution (which I planned to propose after 1.4.2 and non-NetBSD stuff
> left me some free time) is to introduce a new macro SECRDIR, much like
> DESTDIR except it is only used for "cd $BSDSRCDIR/domestic && make build".

Can't this be figured out automatically? AFAICT it's either
$BSDSRCDIR/domestic, $BSDSRCDIR/crypto-us or $BSDSRCDIR/crypto-intl ...

> The idea is to use DESTDIR for binary/sets and SECRDIR for binary/security.
> I have local patches which are being used to do all eight of my 1.4.2 ports
> and as far as I can tell, it DTRT. It needs to be reviewed for cohabitation
> with the other makefile features, but I think something like it will go in.

Well, as long as SECRDIR defaults to DESTDIR, this should be ok.

 - Hubert

--
Microsoft: "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:     "Where do you want to be tomorrow?"