Subject: sysinst and different ramdisks
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: tech-install
Date: 01/20/2000 11:06:14
When adding dhcp client support to the i386 install floppies, I ran
out of space on the ramdisk. So, I will need to make multiple versions
of the ramdisk, smaller ones for the "tiny" bootfloppy, and normal sized
ones for the default bootimage.

However, sysinst at this point doesn't know whether dhclient is present
or not. How to fix this? My first thought was to make sysinst check
if the dhclient binary is actually present, and present a menu containing
dhcp support only if it is. I wish there were dynamically configurable
menus, but since we're currently stuck with menuc, this will not
happen.

- Frank