Subject: Re: src/distrib change for ipv6/ipsec
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/31/1999 12:06:14
	issue: libipsec is referenced from in sbin/ping.  how should we
	handle it when making boot floppies?

>>> 	I think we'll need to put "-lipsec" into boot-floppy (or kernel-
>>> 	with-ramdisk) configuration files, to be able to generate it
>>> 	(ping and several other programs use libipsec).  some of architectures
>>> 	seems to have no -lipsec (pc532 does not, as pointed out by jonb).
>>Some ports use distrib/utils/x_ping, which does not use libipsec.
>>Which is better to use x_ping or to put -lipsec?

	use of distrib/utils/x_ping looks to be the way to go.
	it seems that the following ramdiskbin.conf needs a change:
	- remove -lipsec from "libs" line
	- add "special" line for utils/x_ping
	could you please handle these (or can I do it without testing)?
	it should help decreasing size of boot floppy image.

itojun

distrib/alpha/instkernel/ramdisk/ramdiskbin.conf
distrib/macppc/floppies/ramdisk/ramdiskbin.conf
distrib/pmax/ramdisk/ramdiskbin.conf
distrib/news68k/floppies/ramdisk/ramdiskbin.conf