Subject: Re: Default filesystem sizes
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/21/1999 22:59:30
On 21 Jun 1999, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

> David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com> writes:
> > 	Chris - would you have any idea of the timescale for getting
> > 	changes into sysinst for 1.4.1?
>
> Little or no clue.  I don't know what releng's schedule is.

	Ok - thanks.

> However, really, any such changes need to get done "as soon as
> possible."  (note, in case anybody's confused: i'm sure not planning
> to implement it!)  they NEED to be tested very well, too, and i'm
> actually fairly hesitant to see large changes like this go in simply
> because of the testing issue.

	I'm happy to implement and perform sone reasonable degree of
	testing - I'm just trying to achieve consensus before I
	start writing something to be discarded :)

> Every change I've made to sysinst so far has been in response to a
> specific problem i've seen, and i've tested the results fairly
> thoroughly before and after.

	I regard the current 'standard' partitioning as a problem,
	and hope to fix the 'must have /usr' problem along the way.

		David/absolute

             -=-  Sue me, screw me, walk right through me  -=-