Subject: install from zip drive ??
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: David Heller <dheller1@rochester.rr.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/01/1999 22:28:14
Hi,

     I currently have a Vax II which has NetBSD 1.3 and a Pentium class
Pc w/NetBSD 1.4 (recently switched over from Linux) I have a Sparc
Station which I would like to install NetBSD 1.4 on also. What I would
like to know is if its possible to install from a Zip drive(Scsi
interface) If so do I have to use ffs filesystem or will ext2 work with
sysinst as I tried to do this awhile back but the Sparc sysinst only
supported ffs filesystems. Another related question is what is the
needed disklabel info for a zip drive (standard iomega zip100 drive).