Subject: Re: sysinstall "local" tarball
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/19/1998 15:47:13
Simon Burge wrote:
|	* SET         set name
|	* DESC        yada yada yada
|	  FLAGS       ...
|	  DEPENDS     <other set>
|	  ROOTSIZE    <stuff not in /usr and /var in Kbytes>
|	  USRSIZE     <stuff in /usr in Kbytes>
|	  VARSIZE     <stuff in /var in Kbytes>
|	* MD5         12345678901234567890123456789012
|
|Properties marked with a "*" are required, others are optional.  A

I'd suggest to require total (installed) size too - else we can't
compute anything (and even if it is to find out if we have enough space
on all partitions for it).

|blank line or end-of-file could mark the end of a set definition or
|maybe another keyword "ENDSET".  Whatever.  At the moment, the only

Dunno, but we could possibly use the already existing code of innfeed
for the config. this is flexible. E.g.:

set {
  name foo;
  size 1234
}

set {
  name bla;
  size 3456;
}

|Another idea I haven't thought about too much is the idea of subsets.

This is a good idea. From the gnu src part, I want gcc, but not uucp.

--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
6 + 6, ich frage 'Schmeckts?'    - auf dem Wasserbett und die ganze Nacht