Subject: Re: sysinstall changes
To: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/17/1998 18:18:17
rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu writes:

> I once took a stab at making a better more acurate sysinst.  The patches
> are against a 0914 tree.  I've not rebuilt it in a month or so and
> there are a few merge conflicts.  Try it you make like it.  These are
> x86 changes only

I glanced at the changes, and have a few comments.

Will people understand what "megabytes rounded to BIOS cylinders"
means?

Really, there should be two steps.

	(1)  creating the NetBSD BIOS partition.  This is rounded to
             BIOS cylinders.

	(2)  within the NetBSD portion of the disk, round things to
	     the drive's real geometry when possible.

Of course, considering most SCSI and most IDE drives report bogus
"physical" geometry...  (2) might not be important, but (1) still is.

--Michael