Subject: Re: Installation question
To: Daniel Koo <danielh@bol.com.br>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/27/1996 11:32:26
Daniel Koo writes:
> I am with a trouble with NetBSD 1.1 Inst-11 disk.

1) I assume that you are using port i386 -- you don't say. Remember
   that NetBSD runs on a dozen platforms.
2) Please use 1.2 -- the stuff on the FTP sites is current, and it
   will make you much happier.

> When I install everything on the winchester, and I try to make
> a temporary directory, NetBSD amswers me that it can't find set_tmp_dir!
> And when I type 'extract', NetBSD tells me that it can't find extract!

Did you reboot after putting everything on the hard drive? Are you
using the right case for typing the command names?

These commands are really aliases and shell functions loaded from dot
files when the shell starts up after you reboot.

Perry