Subject: NetBSD 1.0 on SCSI/DOS on IDE
To: None <tech-install@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gary C. Jenkins <gjenkins@bpa.gov>
List: tech-install
Date: 04/22/1995 09:46:52
I have just completed the install of NetBSD 1.0 on my computer and
am very excited about running it but I am having a very significant
but possibly simple problem. I have DOS installed on my IDE disk
which is run off of a Local-Bus controller on the motherboard.
NetBSD is installed on a SCSI drive which is connected to an
Adaptec 1542C card. I have tried a couple of programs which would
modify the Master Boot sector on the IDE to provide a menu for
choosing which system to boot to no avail. None of them see the SCSI
probably due to the ASPI software no being loaded yet.

Has anybody done this type of setup and what did they do to permit
them to select the boot device?

Thanks for help in advance.

Gary Jenkins
gjenkins@bpa.gov