Re: Interrupts on GPIO (on RPI, specifically, but also in general)

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 10:13:32AM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> > On Apr 19, 2018, at 9:40 AM, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > The DTB is here to describe the hardware; with hardware such as RPIs
> > we indeed change the hardware when connecting something to the GPIOs or
> > i2c/spi busses. Both sides needs to cooperate and the device tree is there
> > to make the link between the different elements.
>
> Fair enough, although with something like i2c, I think of it more like ?connecting something to a traditional serial port?.  Is there a tutorial on this that I can read?

Not really, but there is my picbmc example that you found on github.
There is the driver and the device tree here. Also, it's using a GPIO as
interrupt source.

The NetBSD FDT implementation follows the linux specifications, so looking
at Documentation/devicetree/bindings/ in a recent linux tree is usefull,
although sometimes out of date.