RE: Atheros tweaks

Thank you for good antenna boosting tips. But I think Marcin claims "the
only difference is in software".
If we use those kind of antennas, any 802.11b/g card extended range are
gained by physical condition improvement (with loss of multidirectionality)
but not by software.

However, Atheros says their "XR(extended range)" technology combined with
their proprietary driver extends typical 802.11b/g range up to 3 folds (30
meter typical range to 100 meter), but I do not think it can reach more than
several hundred feet as it was sold. (I mean no parabolic antenna)