Subject: Flash translation layer
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Allan <alex.allan@urn1350.net>
List: tech-embed
Date: 10/04/2005 20:13:25
Hello everyone,

I'm a third-year computer science student at Nottingham University, UK.
I'm about to start my final dissertation and am interested in
researching operating systems wrt embedded devices.

I have noticed that a 'flash translation layer' was suggested as part
of the Google Summer of Code project but wasn't taken up as a project.

I'd be interested in this and would be more than willing to spend the
time on it.

If anyone could offer me some pointers (or a mentorship!) or let me
know if it was decided that this wasn't needed, had already been done,
etc then it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

--