Subject: IBM networkstation using Geode
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: tech-embed
Date: 09/28/2005 17:33:27
I have an IBM networkstation built around a Geode. It isn't a 1:1 pc
BIOS, it seems to require a special Linux image to run (its normally
WinCE, but can run linux although I haven't got beyond kernel boot)

Does anybody on this list have experience of this kind of almost-PC? I
know its not exactly embedded, but this is a nearly-embedded system:
its Geode based, it doesn't have a normal kbd/mouse binding (depends on
USB) and its screen seems to demand some special initialization which
wsconsole isn't providing..

Luke Mewburn has a later model built around PowerPC chipsets which he
has working fine -I think the boot model for that one took a more UNIX
aware approach in the first place!

 -G