Subject: Strange behaviour of tar on a CF.
To: NetBSD-embed <tech-embed@NetBSD.org>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: tech-embed
Date: 06/30/2005 10:02:36
Hi guys.

I have a small system which boots from CF, mounts rootfs in memory, formats the CF and then it is suppose to decompress a file to the CF with tar zxf file.tgz but I get following errors:

tar: could not exec: No such file or directory
tar: End of archive volume 1 reached
tar: Sorry, unable to determine archive format.

The file is there, it has correct size. It can be decompressed just fine on my HD.
I even run /usr/sbin/pwd_mkdb /etc/master.passwd and chown -R root:wheel /mnt/ (my mount point) to ensure the file has correct owner.
There is avaliable space on the disk, it does not have any errors (checked with fsck after newfs).

I am basically stucked.
Any idea what can be causing this strange behaviour of tar ?

Cheers,
Marcin Jessa