Subject: Re: CF mounted on wd0
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: tech-embed
Date: 06/27/2005 15:36:37
Hi Hubert:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:27:59 +0200 (CEST)
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> > /dev/wd0a       /        ffs     ro              1 1
> >
> > but then it seems like it's not mounted at all and /sbin/init is not found.
> > Any idea if this is doable? I'd rather not use device's memory to host the root file system.
>
> Check your kernel config's "config" line, it should not say "root on md0a"
> or so, but have what a GENERIC kernel has.

Yes, I removed it:
>I tried to remove the opts and mount / on the disk:
>/dev/wd0a       /        ffs     ro              1 1

Still the kernel said it could not find /sbin/init which I find pretty strange since /sbin/init should be ran before anything else, like mount command.

But if you said it can be done then I will try to remove all the other MEMORY_DISK options and try again.