New to embed

 Hello everyone,
I'm fresh to embed systems and I'm seeking help. I
wanted to ask your advice on first embed board for
myself, I've check few manufacturers such as
http://mycable.de/xxs1500 , www.soekris.com etc.
I've also checked:
http://www.wasabisystems.com/products/certified_netbsd/hardware.htm
for some hardware and I see that there's really
something to choose from. My aim for now is not
necessarily best performance but rather lowest price
and system with 2 network interface cards, what I
intend to do is run embed NetBSD with XORP and try
making a router and possibly use it for my final
computer networking project or as an alternative to
cisco+extra node for my home network. I have some
computer systems architecture background so RISC
systems which I suppose are quite common when talking
about embed makes things even more exiting.
 I will much appreciate all replies either to mailing
list or email
 best regards
 tom

Yahoo! Mail