[slightly OT] gcc3 on ARM?

I am sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I think
this is where I can find clue... :)

I am in the position where I need to decide on whether to
keep using gcc-2.95.3 or migrate to gcc-3.0.1 for (the ARM-based)
$EMBEDDED_PROJECT because we are going to build a C++ runtime
(currently we only use plain C). Since apparently the C++ ABI
is incompatible between 2.95.x and 3.x we have to pick one.
Does anyone have experience with gcc-3.x and C++ in embedded
projects? What are the implications for the runtime system
of the incompatible ABIs -- would it be a simple deal to move
a 2.95.x runtime to a 3.x environment?

Thanks,
ali