Subject: Re: BDM.
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: tech-embed
Date: 04/12/2001 16:09:56
On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 10:40:59AM -0600, Herb Peyerl wrote:
> Is anyone doing any development on Motorola cpu's using the BDM
> (Background Debug Mode) under *BSD or Linux?  Just trying to gauge the
> level of interest in such a thing.

I would be very interested in this.  The gdb-bdm driver and patches at
ftp://www.cybertec.com.au/pub/bdm/ currently support SCO, Linux, and
FreeBSD, and I imagine for someone with NetBSD driver experience it
would not be a difficult job to port the driver.

NetBSD has slowly overtaken Linux at home and work as my OS of choice,
and the BDM driver is one of the few remaining reasons I still run Linux
at work.