Subject: make obj? (MPC8xx)
To: <>
From: None <Roger.M.Strandberg@telia.se>
List: tech-embed
Date: 02/23/2000 11:16:33
Hi,
This question might not belong to tech-embed, but i hope that some one
can answer.

I have build the cross compiler for the target powerpcc-elf.
it reside in $HOME/mpc850/bin as powerpc-elf-as , -gcc etc...

To verify my cross compiler i wanted to build the obj in netbsd src
tree.
Like:
[roger@bprint src]$ make obj
Makefile:36: *** missing separator.  Stop.
Line 36 is where .include <bsd.own.mk> is.
My Env:
MPCC=/home/roger/mpc850
HOSTTYPE=i386
HOME=/home/roger
M8xxPCC=/home/roger/utv/netbsd
OSTYPE=Linux
MAKECONF=/home/roger/utv/netbsd/etc/mk.conf
DESTDIR=$M8xxPCC
SHLVL=1
_=/usr/bin/env
[roger@bprint src]$
My mk.conf:
#$NetBSD: mk.conf $
TARGET_ARCH="powerpc"
TARGET="powerpc"
HOST_CC=$MPCC/powerpc-elf-gcc
HOST_CPP=$MPCC/cpp
STRIP=$MPCC/powerpc-elf-strip
HOST_LD=$MPCC/powerpc-elf-ld
BSDSRCDIR=$M8xxPCC/usr/src
BSDOBJDIR=$M8xxPCC/usr/obj
MANDIR=$M8xxPCC/usr/share/man
INFODIR=$M8xxPCC/usr/share/info
LIBDIR=$M8xxPCC/usr/lib
LINTLIBDIR=$M8xxPCC/usr/libdata/lint
DOCDIR=$M8xxPCC/usr/share/doc
NLSDIR=$M8xxPCC/usr/share/nls
KMODDIR=$M8xxPCC/usr/lkm
So what do i do wrong?
It would be nice to checksum a object file agianst same object file
that some one else has done

Question 2:
Now that i have a m8xxppc in sys/arch/ , let say that i'am don with the
files in it.
How do i tell the Makefile in usr/src that its m8xxppc that it should
use?

Mvh Roger Strandberg