Subject: SV: Re: SV: Re: MPC860 or the mpc850de
To: <>
From: None <Roger.M.Strandberg@telia.se>
List: tech-embed
Date: 02/22/2000 11:30:14
Due to my problems with Netbsd/amiga this night, i still don't have a=20
cross env.
The configure script hangs or netbsd. So meantime i (today) will make a =

cross env on a Linux i386,  just to get going.
And later when the Netbsd system's will be bulid i will use a Netbsd=20
system.=20

How are you David going to setup the memory and Boot Rom adress?

I want to be able to change the interupt vectors when i boot from a=20
PCMCIA E-HD.
This means that when the boot prom is selected i need to setup RAM into =

adress 0.
Then load kernel from PCMCIA into RAM starting at 0.
Then i need too swap offset for interupt vectors and jmp to Restet=20
vector. DONE.

It will be interesting to look at the ns3c port when it becomes=20
available.

Is egcs-1.1.1 good? like easy to Configure?

For my Boot prom i can use GCC and newlib, but later i whould need egcs =

if it is easier to cross compile.
If i reside on a PPC like mac whould i realy need a cross compiler when =

i will build Netbsd for m8xxpcpc? maybe.

/Roger Strandberg

=2D----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Fr=E5n:	querbach@realtime.bc.ca [SMTP:querbach@realtime.bc.ca]