Re: Changes to make /dev/*random better sooner

On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 12:25:32AM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>         2) Accumulate the output of kernel printf (as well as the times
>            when it's called) and add this periodically.  To avoid issues
>            with recursion through diagnostic printfs, we use SHA512 to
>            accumulate the printf output, then mix in its output.

I wonder if we should make this part a compile time option (typically
defaulting to on for most architectures - but I haven't tried on
really the difference it makes for really slow machines). I do understand
that kernel output is rare post boot, so it might not be a big deal.

Martin