public key crypto in the kernel

I'd like to enhance the cryptosoft driver to support bignum and public key
operations.  This will make it more useful as a reference for testing
applications that use /dev/crypto, and also allow us to rely on the presence
of asymmetric crypto in the kernel for applications such as executable
signing.

Does anyone object?  I will likely use the code from LibTomCrypt, which
is public domain -- the code in OpenSSL is just too hairy.

(The astute may note that "public key" support in opencrypto itself is not
 entirely fleshed out even for hardware backends -- only modexp and DSA
 sign are supported.  I'm going to fix that too, and coordinate with the
 other opencrypto providers as I do it.)

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost

  "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
   be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."         - Noam Chomsky