Re: openssl 0.9.7 in NetBSD?

itojun%iijlab.net@localhost writes:

>>I'm fine with having kerberos 4 die now, and really, it should.
>
>       so upgrade plan would be:
>       - disable kerberos4 by default
>       - import openssl 0.9.7b (or latest), with kerberos-and-ssl stuff
>         disabled.  shlib major bump.  kerberos portion would not build
>         for a while, i guess?

so, how do we deal with the api problem with openssl ?

keep old libdes and don't remove the compat glue (by defining
OPENSSL_DISABLE_OLD_DES_SUPPORT not including <openssl/des_old.h>) ?

>       - massage kerberos5 portion to work with openssl 0.9.7

I've got a patch for this already, at least the kerberos lib part, but lots
of other code still uses the old des_ api.

Love