Subject: openssl/des.h or kerberosIV/des.h, or both?
To: None <itojun@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: tech-crypto
Date: 08/29/2002 12:38:18
The last change to libkrb/Makefile has some consequences:

-To make the tree build again, either openssl/des.h can't
 be installed into include/kerberosIV anymore, or it would need
 some additional Makefile magic.
 I suppose the former is more reasonable, because two identical
 copies don't make much sense, and krb.h refers to openssl/des.h
 anyway (as patched by some Makefile rule).
-If this is right, should des.h be included as <openssl/des.h>
 in libraries and applications, or should the -I paths in the
 Makefiles be adapted/added?

btw, a comment in libtelnet/kerberos.c states that krb.h
didn't include des.h, which is obviously wrong.

best regards
Matthias