tech-cluster archive

Re: cluster install

Jan Schaumann wrote:

> MLH <mlh%goathill.org@localhost> wrote:
>
>> I also have a start on porting sge (gridengine) to NetBSD.  We've
>> likely gone about as far as our abilities allow and would appreciate
>> some help if possible.
>
> Could you import it into pkgsrc-wip with a TODO or a README indicating
> any outstanding issues?  Alternatively, could you send-pr what you have?
> I'm sure many people would appreciate your work and might be eager to
> help...

It's a bit stalled right now. I had a cs student helping me with
it. We got it compiling earlier this summer but ran into personal
scheduling problems and didn't get much further. I was hoping to
get started back up on it. I can send you a tarball as it last sat.
What I'd like to see is to have the diffs worked back into a sge
cvs branch. Neither of us considered ourselves competent enough to
start doing something like that though.