Source-Changes archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

CVS commit: src/lib/libc



Module Name:    src
Committed By:   kre
Date:           Mon Oct  5 04:43:56 UTC 2026

Modified Files:
        src/lib/libc/compat: Makefile
        src/lib/libc/dlfcn: Makefile.inc
        src/lib/libc/gdtoa: Makefile.inc
        src/lib/libc/softfloat: Makefile.fenv.inc Makefile.inc
        src/lib/libc/sys: Makefile.inc

Log Message:
End libc Makefile .${PARSEDIR} abuse

It is pointless assigning ${.PARSEDIR) to a variable using '='
as when that variable is later expanded, ${.PARSEDIR} will not
have a value, and we end up with things like:

        .... -I. -I/home/source/ab/HEAD/src/lib/libc/arch/mips/softfloat
        -I -DSOFTFLOAT_FOR_GCC
        -I/home/source/ab/HEAD/src/lib/libc/arch/mips/softfloat
        -I -DSOFTFLOAT_FOR_GCC
        -DSOFTFLOAT -I/home/source/ab/HEAD/src/sys ....

That exxtracted from a failing command from the autobuilds (which I
first saw on my local system attempting a mips64eb build).   That is
all part of one (long) command line from which I extracted that piece
(and then manually line wrapped it for this log message).

Note the 2nd and 4 lines ... those are meant to have ${.PARSEDIR}
between the -I and -D (I doubt there is a "./-DSOFTFLOAT_FOR_GCC"
directory to include anything from).   Or rather, they do, but
it is expanding to nothing when the command is run (no makefile is
then being parsed).

So, invent a bunch of new variables to be assigned the value of
${.PARSEDIR} using := so the assignment happens while the Makefile
is being parsed, and then use the new variables in other variable
assignments which had been using ${.PARSEDIR}

Someone should check, fix, and clean up all this ... the world has
descended to a truly perilously dangerous place when I start hacking
on Makefiles.


To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 src/lib/libc/compat/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 src/lib/libc/dlfcn/Makefile.inc
cvs rdiff -u -r1.16 -r1.17 src/lib/libc/gdtoa/Makefile.inc
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 src/lib/libc/softfloat/Makefile.fenv.inc
cvs rdiff -u -r1.24 -r1.25 src/lib/libc/softfloat/Makefile.inc
cvs rdiff -u -r1.260 -r1.261 src/lib/libc/sys/Makefile.inc

Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.




Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index