Subject: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: None <source-changes@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <source@NetBSD.ORG>
Date: 11/29/1997 21:50:02
Sat Nov 29 13:49:19 PST 1997
Update of /a/cvsroot/src/distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/i386
In directory netbsd1:/var/slash-tmp/cvs-serv9976
fdisk.c md.c menus.md.eng msg.md.eng
* Check for an existing MBR not by looking at the geometry, but by looking
at used partitions. fdisk may report the number of cylinders > 1024
correctly if no translation is used.
* Print out the end of the partition as well as the size when editing things.
* Enable the user to specify the BIOS geometry if he/she wishes.
* Fix 1023 / 1024 mixup. The reason BIOSs will return 1023 is an old IBM
convention to use the last cylinder as diagnostic cylinder. The user
can still skip the last ('real') cylinder if specified.
* Make some messages more verbose.