Subject: Re: visiting SFBA May 5-12, 2007
To: lynn krause <lynn1c1@gmail.com>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@menelos.com>
List: regional-sfba
Date: 05/04/2007 00:10:24
On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 01:47AM -0700, lynn krause wrote:

>> I generally prefer not-crowded, but either of those places seem OK to
>> me.  The _big_ question is whether Tracy & Jason will want to come all
>> the way to SF from Palo Alto...  (I would encourage it, being the lazy
>> sod that I am, though)
>
>I guess I'm de-lurking here :P  Corresponded once or twice with a
>couple of you a while back but other than that I've been following the
>emails silently - mostly because of scheduling conflicts and because,
>like Tracy, I'm not much of a drinker. Which brings me to: Tracy, I'd
>love to meet you and we could keep each other company. I'm not much
>into alcohol either, nor a big tea fan, and I kicked my heavy caffeine
>habit several years ago. That leaves Perrier with lime wedge :)  And
>I'm a software developer, but kind of a netBSD ignoramous, although I
>love it from the user point of view. Also, I live in Mt View and can
>offer a ride to one person - my car is a 2-seater. In fact, if you
>guys are really interested in the ride I could probably even arrange
>for a different car - not as much fun as the M roadster but at least
>I'd be able to pick up both of you.

Hi Lynn!  Work has arranged a car, so driving is ok for us, at least,
I hope so, I don't know what I'm driving yet.  Probably not as cool
as an M roadster, though.  I have a couple constraints, in that I'm
one of the coordinators for the conference I'm attending, so I'm
not able to be out very late.  (Also, being from the central time
zone, not very late may be earlier than I usually expect.)  If the
constraints aren't a problem we might be up for the ride, being
unfamiliar with the area, but we can always deal if it is a problem.

>ps FWIW, I also prefer not-crowded - much easier to hold a
>conversation that way. Easy/easier parking is, of course, also bonus
>:)

It sounds good to me!

-Tracy