Subject: Re: NetBSD Meeting on Oct 15th @ Mountain View?
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@NetBSD.org>
List: regional-sfba
Date: 10/10/2006 12:30:01
--------------enigBDDCC2AEC11014F028B1B5AB

Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
> =20
>> Al and I will be in Mountain view next saturday, Oct 14th, for the Goo=
gle=20
>> "Summer of Code" Mentor Summit. I'll arrive friday evening (7:23pm) at=
 SFO=20
>> and will be busy with figuring out public transport to Mountain View t=
hen,=20
>> saturday during the day's busy with the Summit, but if someone wants t=
o go=20
>> for some food & drinks on sunday, I'd be happy to meet some local NetB=
SD=20
>> folks!
>>    =20
>
> Sunday's not good for me, but what about Saturday evening (the 14th)?
> Jeff, didn't you suggest "Retox" on 20th (SF)?  Do they have food?
>
> -Jan
>
>  =20

I did mention that I'd like to try it, and I did, yesterday - it's an
interesting bar that I could recommend for cocktails, but there's no
food, the beer selection is mostly-bottled, and it's a bit small for a
Saturday night meet-up (we probably wouldn't be able to sit).

So, we need to find another place.  :-)

I guess I also misunderstood the timing - for some reason, I thought the
summit was on Friday.  So, perhaps we should meet somewhere closer to
Google? (makes it inconvenient for me, of course, but that's life)  Not
that I'd argue against something in SF on Saturday night, mind you...=20
Barring that, I'd be open to a Sunday afternoon meeting in SF
somewhere.  (Sunday evening is me packing for a trip the next morning)

+j