Subject: Re: In town soon
To: None <regional-sfba@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: regional-sfba
Date: 02/11/2005 10:55:48
Amitai Schlair wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2005, at 11:33 AM, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>
>> On Feb 10, 2005, at 8:40 PM, chuey wrote:
>>
>>> If we could do it on a Friday/Saturday night, I am definitely game
>>> for some beer and NetBSD chat.  Jillian's in downtown San Francisco
>>> is a nice place for beer and pool if you're into that.
>>

>> ...or Thirsty Bear (roughly across the street from the W @ 3rd /
>> Howard) or 21st Amendment (2nd / Brannan .. has WiFi).
>

> Jillian's is OK, but there's one in my neighborhood right here in
> Ohio. One of those SF-local places would be great.
>
> Turns out I'll be getting into town somewhere around the 27th, not the
> 20th. Mmm, tagging along on someone else's road trip. :-)
>
> - Amitai

Heh, yeah, I liked Jillian's a lot better when it was just the local
pool hall in Boston.  Even then, Boston Billiards was cheaper.  ;-)

I'm not a huge fan of the Thirsty Bear, but it's OK.  I've been meaning
to check out the 21st Amendment - I go by it every week.  How's the
food, Jason?  :-)  There's other places with things going for them...
like the Ramp or that Place Next to the Ramp Whose Name I Forget.
They're right on the Bay, and parking is easier than SOMA...

+j