Regional-nyc archive

Re: f6ish

On Aug 26, 2009, at 7:34 AM, Curt Sampson wrote:

On 2009-08-26 06:05 -0400 (Wed), Bill Squier wrote:

We will be at the usual spot at the usual time. Fish, around 6ish. We
should just call the bar "6ish".

Ought that not be "f6ish"? (To paraphrase Tom Lehrer, "The 6 is silent,
you see.")

How apropos... Since F6ish is so close to Pomme Frites, this verse applies:

        Oh we will all fry together when we fry.
        We'll be french fried potatoes by and by.
        There will be no more misery
        When the world is our rotisserie,
        Yes, we will all fry together when we fry.

-wps